[EquisMetaStock Group] Applying TA to low-priced Value stocks

I have only traded the low caps under $10 occasionally, but as I
written about several times, I use the VL and IBD list all the time.
The trading is good in that pond as you know from the test results
I've published in Roy's newsletter as well as from my own experience.

I've tested the same system on the small cap, under $10 a share
stocks. I've used VL's S. cap list and IBD's under $10 list, as well
as a filter of my own.

The returns are excellent, but the volatility is higher, the list
turns over a lot and the liquidity can be a problem. Small caps are
often harder to screen for fundamentals and quant scores. AAII has a
very good screener for small caps, and their data is among the best
for that size range.

For me liquidity is the big issue, so I don't trade them much. I look
at small cap stocks in the $10 and under price range as spending time
riding the roller coaster at Six Flags and the VL stocks as tending my
sheep herd (portfolio). They both make money, but with the sheep, I
can catch a nap or two, and the days pass slowly.

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "metastkuser"
<andysmith_999@xxx> wrote:

> The combination of a strong set of stocks (T1, IBD, etc) along with
> technical analysis is powerful. Has anyone tried using this approach
> with micro-cap type stocks (usually in the <$8 range)?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)