Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock - PDA version and a wish

If you have some code that REQUIRES double precision note that
eSignal's language is based on JavaScript.  JS's native calculations
are all done in double precision.  I've written many eSig routines -
simple and complicated - and have never experienced any problems with
their arithmetic calculations.

In AB I have written a routine that computes a best fit curve to the
price data.  The calculation uses the Gaussian Elimination method.
Solving the matrix ends up taking the difference between two large
numbers - AB used to blow up every 50 or so bars.  I traced the
problem to the time values on the x-axis.  I was able to copy just the
prices to a calculation array and match it with my date array that
used small numbers.  This solved the problem.

Reef Break

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sunando Ghosal
<sunandoghosal@xxx> wrote:

> Hello
>   Instead use Amibroker.
>   Regards
>   Sunando
>
> Lionel Issen <lissen@xxx> wrote:
>               Its unlikely that they will. Equis has
resisted/refused to make any major and many minor changes.

>   For example  Metastock calculations are in single precision
arithmetic. When queried on this Equis answered that it would take up
too much space on the hard drive and so they would not add it to the
program. This may have been true in the past but with cheap multi-gig
drives, it is a ridiculous excuse.