[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: SVAPO

ds,

You are a lucky person, Vervoort answers your question in the
January '08 edition. See Below:

Preston

SVAPO (SHORT-TERM VOLUME AND PRICE OSCILLATOR)
Editor,

I enjoyed Sylvain Vervoort's article in the November 2007 issue of
STOCKS & COMMODITIES on the SVAPO indicator ("Short-Term Volume And
Price Oscillator"). I use MetaStock for all my technical analysis
and am currently using MetaStock 10.

I have entered all the info for the indicator, and I am particularly
interested in the code for the MetaStock Expert that you presented
in Figure 8. I like your concept of increasing price with increasing
volume and then being able to identify the corrections with
decreasing volume for the longs and then doing the complete reverse
for the shorts.

Can you tell me what the code is that allows the MetaStock Expert to
create the single colored arrows in Figure 8?

DJ Vatalero

Sylvain Vervoort replies:

Please note that all arrows on all the charts in the November 2007
article on SVAPO are put on manually just to show the exact
coincidence between price and SVAPO turning points. SVAPO is not
meant to be used as a mechanical trading system. Please read how I
apply the SVAPO in the December 2007 issue of S&C ("Short-Term
Trading With SVAPO").

Of course you could create an expert and an explorer function in
MetaStock to give you a signal when SVAPO is turning up or down from
below or from above the standard deviation line. But please only use
it as a trigger to have a look at the chart. Do not use it for any
automatic buying or selling!

Here is an expert function for such a trigger:

Up trigger:

haO:=(Ref((O+H+L+C)/4,-1) + PREV)/2;
haCl:=((O+H+L+C)/4+haO+Max((O+H+L+C)/4,Max(H,haO))+Min
((O+H+L+C)/4,Min(L,haO)))/4;
period:= 8;
cutoff:= 1;
devH:= 1.5;
devL:= 1.3;
stdevper:= 100;
haC:=Tema(haCl,period/1.6);
vave:=Ref(Mov(V,period*5,S),-1);
vmax:=vave*2;
vc:=If(V<vmax,V,vmax);
vtr:=Tema(LinRegSlope(V,period),period);
SVAPO:=Tema(Sum(If(haC>(Ref(haC,-1)*(1+cutoff/1000)) AND
       Alert(vtr>=Ref(vtr,-1),2), vc, If(haC<(Ref(haC,-1)*(1-
cutoff/1000)) AND
       Alert(vtr>Ref(vtr,-1),2),-vc,0)),period)/(vave+1),period);
highdev:=devH*Stdev(SVAPO,stdevper);
lowdev:=-devL*Stdev(SVAPO,stdevper);
Alert(SVAPO<lowdev,2) AND Cross(SVAPO,Ref(SVAPO,-1))

Down trigger:

haO:=(Ref((O+H+L+C)/4,-1) + PREV)/2;
haCl:=((O+H+L+C)/4+haO+Max((O+H+L+C)/4,Max(H,haO))+Min
((O+H+L+C)/4,Min(L,haO)))/4;
period:= 8;
cutoff:= 1;
devH:= 1.5;
devL:= 1.3;
stdevper:= 100;
haC:=Tema(haCl,period/1.6);
vave:=Ref(Mov(V,period*5,S),-1);
vmax:=vave*2;
vc:=If(V<vmax,V,vmax);
vtr:=Tema(LinRegSlope(V,period),period);
SVAPO:=Tema(Sum(If(haC>(Ref(haC,-1)*(1+cutoff/1000)) AND
       Alert(vtr>=Ref(vtr,-1),2), vc, If(haC<(Ref(haC,-1)*(1-
cutoff/1000)) AND
       Alert(vtr>Ref(vtr,-1),2),-vc,0)),period)/(vave+1),period);
highdev:=devH*Stdev(SVAPO,stdevper);
lowdev:=-devL*Stdev(SVAPO,stdevper);
Alert(SVAPO>highdev,2) AND Cross(Ref(SVAPO,-1),SVAPO)
See Figure 1 above for how this results on the chart.

To create an explorer function in MetaStock, copy the up trigger
into column A and the down trigger into column B, and in the filter
section, just put "colA OR colB." You can then scan all your stocks
for a SVAPO turning point.

>From my list of 10-baggers, I got (on November 4, 2007) the result
shown in Figures 2a and 2b.

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/112007/Trade

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/122007/Abstr
> acts_new/Vervoort/vervoort.html
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ds2778 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, Pumrysh,Preston & senior members,
> >
> > I tried to build the SVAPO as shown in Nov 07 Issue of S&C but
the
> code
> > provided was not full and Final (I guess!!) coz it only plots
> indicator
> > and not the entry & exit signals also I'm unable to plot the
vol.
> > smoothing as shown in Fig 8 page 23 of Nov07 issue of S&C (it
> osillates
> > betn -1 to 1 or 0 to 1 , I dont hv exact idea, ALSO as
Mr,Vervoort
> (-the
> > author of the article) said that he  will cover the entry/exit
> > rules,entry/exit signals,deternination of tgts etc in the next
> i.e. Dec
> > 07 issue.
> >
> > So I request anybody who is having the Dec 07 S&C issue with the
> > remaining code or the full code with all above qries covered pls
> do
> > post the same.
> >
> > Thanx
> >
> > ds2778