[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: a better MACD ?

Wallace,

This what you want?

X:= (H+L+C)/3;
mp1:=Input("Short MA",1,777,12);
mp2:=Input("Long MA",1,777,24);
mp3:=Input("Signal MA",1,777,9);
Mov(X,mp1,E)- Mov(X,mp2,E);
Mov((Mov(X,mp1,E)- Mov(X,mp2,E)),mp3,E);

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "murusprimus" <sace@xxx>
wrote:

> can the following be MS coded -- I can't code -- is it worth
coding ?

> "The premise of this particular use is that price swings above and
> below value represented by a moving average (exponential or not
> but exponential would be better, more in the "present").
> What we want to do is measure how far has the price distanced
> from it's moving average.
> I would select a 24EMA and since i am a daytrader and do not
> care about the close of the periods i use the (High+Low+Close)/3
> as the base for the calculation.
> Now, i want to see how far has price gone above and below the 24
> EMA of the H,L,C,3.
> For that i will plot a MACD(1,24,1) of the high+low+close, all
> divided by 3 also called the "typical price".
> So this will actually tell me, for each period, how far the
typical
> price is from the 24EMA "value" line.
> Ok, now, i need to look back, in order to be able to evaluate if
> price is overbought or oversold. So let's look back 200 periods
ago.
> The highest high of our MACD(1,26,1) is the maximum power of bulls
> over our 200 bar lookback period, the lowest low of our MACD
(1,26,1)
> is the maximum power of bears over our 200 bar lookback period.
> Whenever MACD(1,26,1) comes close to the maximum value it is
> overbought and whenever it comes close to it's minimum value,
> it's oversold. "
>
> Wallace

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional