[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Help Needed with writing MS Code

Chorlton,

Here are two versions:

X:=Close;
BStop:=X-ATR(10)*2.5;
If(Bstop> Ref(Bstop,-1) and
X>Ref(X,-1),Bstop,Ref(BStop,-1));

X:=Close;
BStop:=X-ATR(10)*2.5;
If(Bstop> Ref(Bstop,-1) and
X>REF(X,-1),Bstop,PREV);

This can be simplified further by removing the Bstop> Ref(Bstop,-1)
statement. It plots the same without it. The only real difference in
the posted code is how the buy stop is treated in the event of a
close being less than ref(close,-1).

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy"
<micro_dot_uk@xxx> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have some code for a trailing stop which I have written in
another
> language for another of my software applications.
>
> However, I am now trying to convert this code to MS but am having
> some serious difficulties :-(
>
> The code:
>
> Factor= AverageTrueRange[10](close)*2.5
>
> BuyStop = CLOSE - Factor
>
> IF BuyStop > BuyStop[1] THEN
>
> 	IF CLOSE > CLOSE[1] THEN
>
> 		BuyStop = CLOSE - Factor
>
> 	ELSE
>
> 		BuyStop = BuyStop[1]
>
> 	ENDIF
>
> ELSE
>
> 	IF CLOSE > BuyStop[1] THEN
>
> 		BuyStop = BuyStop[1]
>
> 	ELSE
>
> 		BuyStop = CLOSE - Factor
>
> 	ENDIF
>
> ENDIF
>
> RETURN	BuyStop
>

> Basically, what I want to achieve is as follows:
>
> - As the price closes higher the stop moves up and remains
at "close-
> AverageTrueRange[10](close)*2.5" distance below current bar.
> - If the price fails to make new highs but remains above
yesterdays
> stop level, then the stop moves horizontal for the next period ie.
> Remains at same level as yesterday
> - Once the closing price drops below the current stop level, the
stop
> resets itself at the next bar to "close-AverageTrueRange[10](close)
> *2.5"
>

> Any Help much appreciated....

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional