[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Signal for the indicator Zig Zag

cengovit,

Before you attempt to write code you must first read the users
manual and formula primer.

Next, you will note the following comment:

" Note! ----
Last leg of ZigZag is *always dynamic*, and last peak/trough
signals are always plotted in hindsight."

The author tells you not to use the indicator because the last value
will change.

The manual will tell you the same thing.

Do you really want this thing coded?

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cengovit" <cengovit@xxx>
wrote:

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva" <josesilva22@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Edson, try this indicator:
> >
> > =================
> > ZigZag Buy & Sell
> > =================
> > ---8<-------------------------
> >
> > { Note!
> >   ----
> >    Last leg of ZigZag is *always dynamic*,
> >    and last peak/trough signals are
> >    always plotted in hindsight.
> >
> > ©Copyright 2004~2006 Jose Silva.
> >  For personal use only.
> >  http://www.metastocktools.com }
> >
> > { User inputs }
> > pr:=Input("ZigZag reversal %",.01,100,5);
> > x:=Input("use: [1]Open, [2]High, [3]Low, [4]Close, [5]
WghtCl",1,5,4);
> > plot:=Input("plot:  [1]Signals,  [2]ZigZag",1,2,1);
> >
> > { Select data array }
> > x:=If(x=1,O,If(x=2,H,If(x=3,L,If(x=4,C,WC()))));
> >
> > { ZigZag }
> > zz:=Zig(x,pr,%);
> >
> > { Peak/Trough }
> > sell:=PeakBars(1,x,pr)=0;
> > buy:=TroughBars(1,x,pr)=0;
> >
> > { Plot signals in own window, ZigZag on chart }
> > If(plot=1,buy-sell,zz)
> >
> > ---8<-------------------------
> >

> > jose '-)
> > http://www.metastocktools.com
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edson L F" <edsonlf@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > > How to make a signal (positive=buy and negative=sell) for the
> > > indicator Zig Zag?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I am new to metastock (only couple of days) so, I really dont now
how
> to write my own stuff. Can any of you guys convert this "zig-zag
> buy/sell" indicator to "Explorer" format?
>
> Possibly search for a sell or buy signal generated with in last 2
bars
>  or something like that?
>
> thanks in advance....

<*> Your email settings: