[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Relative Strength Comparison Analysis

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!! the discussion is only about this topic
again. On the first place I have emphasised that this methodology
does not tell us anything but some people persist on his opinion on
how gorgeous this concept.

I could not argue more. Now the fact has been reveal one by one. I
deliberately let people discuss and figure out that I am absolutelly
correct while others in my opposite is totally wrong.

If it necessary I will reveal one of former commercial trading system
in this forum so that people will start thinking on developing their
own strategy.

Cheers

Thomas

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, superfragalist <no_reply@xxx>
wrote:

> First IBD doesn't compare each stock to a base index. IBD uses
> External Relative Strength which compares every stock to every other
> stock in the population someone is using.
>
> I've tested many ranking formulas and External Relative Strength
works
> better as a filter than any of the other method including Relative
> Strength Comparatives, which is what you are talking about.
>
> If you want an ERSC ranking that is the same as the IBD ranking, the
> old SpyGlass plugin does that. It's called Fire now.
>
> SpyGlass puts a ranking value from 1 to 100 on each stock in the
ERSC
> comparison population and the numerical value means the same thing
> from week to week and can be used in the tester.
>
> RSC values are meaningless in the tester because they are a relative
> number only and do not have the same meaning from week to week.
>
> As far as counting goes, Roy uses a dll function in the explorer
that
> can count but I don't think it can sort on the highest value. I
don't
> use it so Roy will have to explain it.
>
> You can always export your list to excel and have excel sort and
> number them.
>

> Super
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cherotree1" <mass54thcob@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I am using this formula ROC(MOV((C/P),26,S),1,%), and comparing
it to
> > a base index,  to generate a list of securities which I can then
sort
> > by either Relative Strength, Symbol or Security Name.
> >
> > My question to the group; is it possible to have the printed
output of
> > this list numbered i.e. number 1 for strongest, up to the last
number
> > in my list. Or, is it even possible to rank this list similar to
the
> > RS rankings that are listed by Investors Business Daily (maybe
100-
> > strongest to 0-weakest). Any and all replys are appreciated.
Peace!

> > Charles

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional