Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: how to exclude options and warrants symbols

Yes Ron I desparatelly need your help. Can you please let me know the steps?

  Thanks

rsb_44 <rsb_44@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Cooltrader has a subsciption (free trial?) where you can get just
stocks. You can use that to populate your data base, and then use any
provider you want. Only tickers in the database will get up dated.
However, there may be an issue with new stock tickers.

Regards,
Ron

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Carlos Destefani
<cad1610au@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> You may have a look at Cooltrader if you just want to get stock
codes.

> http://www.cooltrader.com.au/
>
> I am sure there are EOD suppliers, but this may help in solving
the problem.

> Cheers,
>
> Carlos
> =
>
> rsb_44 <rsb_44@xxx> wrote:
> Hi Peter -
>
> Vincent recently had a similar issue. If here are distinctive
> characterists of the symbol groups, you can export the the database
> to Excel- symbols only are sufficient. To do that, run an
Exploration
> against your database with no filter.Then Copy/Past the result set
> into Excel.Do some work on the symbols, isolate the stocks, then
put
> them into Favorites Folders. When you run explorations, use the
> Favories folders to populate the universe. For example I maintain a
> list of US optionable stocks in one favorites folder. I also have
> each of the cycles in their own folders. I run my explorations
> against under 3000 tickers rather than nearly double that. I also
use
> price and volume to narrow down the explorations
>
> Once you decide on how you want to segment your tickers the folders
> are a big help. You don't have to move the tickers themselves, just
> point to them via the favorites list. If you need help with
theExcel
> side, let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Ron
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Peter Parker <pet_park12@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear All
> >

> > I have been using paritech (AUSTRALIA) as my source EOD data but
> for my exploration I have to wait very long since options and
> warrants are included within the calculation.
> >
> > Are there any functions in metastock that may exclude these
> securities ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >

> > Regards
> >
> > Peter