Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: how to exclude options and warrants symbols

Hi Peter,

  You may have a look at Cooltrader if you just want to get stock codes.

  http://www.cooltrader.com.au/

  I am sure there are EOD suppliers, but this may help in solving the problem.

  Cheers,

  Carlos
  =

rsb_44 <rsb_44@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Hi Peter -

Vincent recently had a similar issue. If here are distinctive
characterists of the symbol groups, you can export the the database
to Excel- symbols only are sufficient. To do that, run an Exploration
against your database with no filter.Then Copy/Past the result set
into Excel.Do some work on the symbols, isolate the stocks, then put
them into Favorites Folders. When you run explorations, use the
Favories folders to populate the universe. For example I maintain a
list of US optionable stocks in one favorites folder. I also have
each of the cycles in their own folders. I run my explorations
against under 3000 tickers rather than nearly double that. I also use
price and volume to narrow down the explorations

Once you decide on how you want to segment your tickers the folders
are a big help. You don't have to move the tickers themselves, just
point to them via the favorites list. If you need help with theExcel
side, let me know.

Regards,
Ron

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Peter Parker <pet_park12@xxx>
wrote:

> Dear All
>

> I have been using paritech (AUSTRALIA) as my source EOD data but
for my exploration I have to wait very long since options and
warrants are included within the calculation.

> Are there any functions in metastock that may exclude these
securities ?

> Thanks in advance
>

> Regards
>
> Peter