[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Binary Wave Buy from the lowest value

Paul,

I think we have all gone through similar learning processes. Binaries
while fun are not as widely accepted or used as you would think. Part
of the reason is because most people settle on one or two key
indicators and thats it. You don't need a binary for that. We've also
learned that we can accomplish the same think with normalized
indicators. A lot to consider with their use but once the normalized
indicator is understood I think you'll find them extremely useful and
reliable.

As far as the different results results that you are getting, remember
that no two shares are going to act identically. Could be part of a
lrger economic picture that is driving your results. There is also the
probability that your mix or basket of shares may be influencing the
results. Your problem could also be a result of the type of indicators
that you are using.

Whatever the problem is though I don't think that optimization is the
way to go just yet. Many people like to throw a pile of numbers
together and optimize thinking they will find spectacular results that
aren't there in the first place. There's a right way and a wrong way
to optimize. If it were me and I felt comfortable with a particular
methodology, I might optimize just to tell me if my results will
improve by using smaller incremental numbers rather than a larger
ones.

In you case try to optimize the -4 level with either a opt value from
3 to 4 stepping once. Then optimize the moving average from a 5 to 21
stepping by 2. Also limit the number of shares that you optimize on by
selecting a small group of share that performed as you would like
rather than throwing the system at a large basket. You can do that
after the system is refined.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Harris" <paul_vicmar@xxx>
wrote:

> My enthusiasm for my solution has been shortlived. Whilst the below
> improves the profitability it doesn´t accomplish exactly the rules.
>
> Fml("Acciona Binary Wave Composite ") > -4 AND Fml("Acciona Binary
> Wave Composite ") > Mov(Fml("Acciona Binary Wave Composite"),opt1,E)
>
> The buy is "only" generated when the binary wave touches -4 and then
> increases. For some of the the shares I am looking at this might only
> happen in a two year period two or three times.
> Any suggestions appreciated
>
> PAUL

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional