[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Help with coding an indicator

Chorlton,

Anything is possible. Looking at the indicator on a chart you would
always want to trade this long only or close greater than the
trailing line. To make that easier to keep up with try this:

stop := Mov(C,10,E)-2*(ATR(10));
trail:= If(stop > Ref(stop,-1),stop,prev);
trail;

I'm not sure you would want to immediately reenter especially if you
had a gap down. Reenter when the close > trail.

Also as long as the stop variable is increasing or greater than
yesterdays a new higher stop variable is being set. It only uses the
previous value in instances where the stop variable is not
increasing.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy"
<micro_dot_uk@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Preston,
>
> Wow.... is it that simple?  I spent quite a long time trying to
code
> something :-/
>
> I'll give it a go.... and Many Thanks......
>
> Out of interest, looking at the code, unless the indicator rises
it
> will instead use the previous value and move sideways. This is
> definately part of what I'm after. However, Is there any way to
reset
> it once the price drops below this indicator level?
>
> In other words, once I get stopped out, i would like the line to
> revert back to Mov(C,10,E)-2*(ATR(10)).
>
> My reasoning for this is that once the price has dropped thru the
> stop level and stabilized I would like to immediately re-enter the
> trade and begin the process again,and obviously at this point the
> price will be trading below what it was previously. Therefore I
would
> like the stop line to do the same.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Chorlton
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Chorlton,
> >
> > Something like this?
> >
> > stop := Mov(C,10,E)-2*(ATR(10));
> > If(stop > Ref(stop,-1),stop,prev);
> >
> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy"
> > <micro_dot_uk@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy"

> > begin

> > will

> > True
> > new
> > and
> > > its

> at
> > > the
> > the "Stop
> downwards.

> > > then

Average
> > True
> then

> > > I forgot to add that the lookback period for the ATR should be
> > 10....
> > >
> > > Thanks once again......

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional