[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Derivation of Tema moving average formula

Andrew,

Good point. I checked the date on Blau's book and found it was
published in March of 1995. So both authors were in the same
timeframe. The obvious next question would be whether Blau and
Mulloy used the same methods.

I checked two of Blau's indicators, the ergotic and true strength,
and found them using the simple moving of the moving method. This is
assuming that the indicator formulas that I have are written
correctly.

Mulloy on the other hand uses a "unique composite" method to
supposedly reduce the lag time. I thought that was interesting
enough to not only answer the original question that Arun had but
also point out the differences.

Either way it looks like the middle 90's were an interesting period
of time when it comes to the methods that people were using to
smooth their moving averages.

Thanks for your insight,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrew Tomlinson"
<andrew.tomlinson@xxx> wrote:

> Another reference is William Blau, 'Momentum, Direction and
Divergence',
> where Blau applies double smoothing to a variety of indicators.
I'm not sure