[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Derivation of Tema moving average formula

Arun,

A tema is simply a triple smoothed EMA. It would simply be
(Mov(Mov(Mov(C,10,E),10,E),10,E)))

A DEMA is simply a double smoothed EMA or
Mov(Mov(C,10,E),10,E)

Your formula is 3 times an EMA - 3 times a DEMA which could be
simplified to the difference of an EMA-DEMA plus a TEMA

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "arun103" <arun103@xxx> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> The following formula is for plotting a 10-period tema moving
> average:
>
> (3*Mov(C,10,E)-(3*Mov(Mov(C,10,E),10,E))+(Mov(Mov(Mov
> (C,10,E),10,E),10,E)))
>
> How does one derive this formula?
>
> Looking at the derivation of a Zero Lag EMA, I have proceeded as
> follows but I don't get the above formula. I know I'm wrong
> somewhere.
>
> EMA1:=mov(C,10,E);
> EMA2:=mov(EMA1,10,E);
> EMA3:=mov(EMA2,10,E);
> Difference1:=EMA1-EMA2;
> Difference2:=EMA2-EMA3;
> Teema{Tema}:=EMA1+Difference1+Difference2;
>
> Please correct me.
>
> Thanks
>
> Arun

<*> Your email settings: