[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Referencing an expert

Carl,

Maybe but its going to be a long shot.

I don't have ver.10 so I can't look at the specifics of your
problem. I do know that indicators, experts, and explorations are
password protected. A good example is Bill Williams' Profitunity
work. In earlier versions it was not password protected. In later
versions it was.

If you go into the Indicator Builder and look at Custom Indicators
you might find the ones you are looking for. The problem you will
have is in knowing the proper name for the indicator or its variable.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Carl van Heerden"
<cj.vh@xxx> wrote:

> There are several useful expert included in Metastock and I have
looked at some of them. Obviously they are not complete trading
systems. I have done some manual tests by adding some entry and exit
rules, stops, position sizing, etc.

> This manual process is cumbersome, but not at all useless as one
learns a lot about the system's behaviour along the way. But now
that I have a fair idea of what I would like to test I would like to
run a systems test on different instruments and would have to write
the code.

> The problem is that one does not have the code for the Expert. Is
there a way to reference an expert through code in the systems
tester? I use MS v10.

> Carl

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional