Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] re: rounding ADX

Hi Shelly

Yes, the MS ADX() function does round to whole numbers. It also rounds PDI() and MDI()

Equis created a formula for ADX that does not round any of these values, and you might find it more useful. I think the formula is still available on the Equis website but the version I have is given below. I've renamed it "ADX Raw".

PDI and MDI can be extracted using the variables "DIPlus" and "DIMinus".

FmlVar("ADX Raw","DIPlus");
FmlVar("ADX Raw","DIMinus");

Notice that adding Round() to DIPlus and DIMinus creates exactly the same values as PDI() and MDI().

Round(FmlVar("ADX Raw","DIPlus"));
Round(FmlVar("ADX Raw","DIMinus"));

{MetaStock code written by Equis and published in the Oct99 TASC}
  {ADX Raw}
Periods:=Input("Enter time periods",1,100,14);
PlusDM:=If(H>Ref(H,-1) AND
L>=Ref(L,-1),H-Ref(H,-1),
If(H>Ref(H,-1) AND L<Ref(L,-1)
AND H-Ref(H,-1)>Ref(L,-1)-L,
H-Ref(H,-1),0));
DIPlus:=100*Wilders(PlusDM,Periods)/ATR(Periods);
MinusDM:=If(L<Ref(L,-1) AND
H<=Ref(H,-1),Ref(L,-1)-L,
If(H>Ref(H,-1) AND L<Ref(L,-1)
AND H-Ref(H,-1)<Ref(L,-1)-L,