[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Explorer

Vinay,

I doubt you will get a lot of help with this. You are using
terminology that is not commonly used in technical
analysis...performing / not performing. If it trades, it performs.

Next are your requirements:

1. top 20 scrips
How are you rating these?

2. that are performing for the last 10-20 days
What is your definition of performing?

3. going down in the last 1,2,3 periods
This might be the only one that can be done
close < ref(close,-1) and
ref(close,-1) < ref(close,-2)

4. after going up for making fresh long positions.
What do you mean by fresh...how long ago was fresh?

If you would further define what you mean in 1-4 maybe we can help.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Vinay Garg <vinaygarg@xxx>
wrote:

> Dear Group.
>

> I have recently joined this group and am quite impressed with the
way new
> Indicators, Explorers etc are being formulated and tested.
>

> Could you help me out with locating an explorer that will do the
following.

> *	Locate top 20 scrips that are performing for the last 10-20
days and
> going down in the last 1,2,3 periods after going up for making
fresh long
> positions.
> *	Locate worst 20 scrips that are not performing for the last
10-20
> days for making short positions
> *	Locate 20 scrips that are consolidating for the last 10-20
days and
> likely to make a breakout, for making long/short positions after
studying
> their scrips.
>

> In case one such Explorer/Expert already exists, then please let
me know.

> Also, does Metastock 8 work well with Vista too? I would be
grateful for
> answers to these queries
>

> Regards
>
> Vinay