[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: System Tester - Zero Lag EMA Crossover with OPT

Preston

OK had a look and couple of points arise.
(ZLEMA=Zero Lag EMA)
The Indicator builder does not allow me to change the period funtion
in the ZLEMA formula to, in our example, "opt1".

The other thing:
"Cross(ZeroLagEMA,Mov(ZeroLagEMA,opt2,E))"

Whilst the first ZLEMA would be optimised, the second ZLEMA would be
an optimsed EMA of the ZLEMA.
Would it not be possible to create two ZLEMA formulas, ZLEMA1(short)
and ZLEMA2(long). I am sure that it is possible, the trick is how to
optimise them.

Gracias
PAUL

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Sure. Look at Equis - CCI +100/-100 Crossover tester and check those
> buy and sell tabs.
>
> In the original formula you would cange the input value to and opt#
> value like this:
>
> Period:= opt1;
> EMA1:= Mov(CLOSE,Period,E);
> EMA2:= Mov(EMA1,Period,E);
> Difference:= EMA1 - EMA2;
> ZeroLagEMA:= EMA1 + Difference;
> ZeroLagEMA
>
> Then the Buy Order is:
>
> Period:= opt1;
> EMA1:= Mov(CLOSE,Period,E);
> EMA2:= Mov(EMA1,Period,E);
> Difference:= EMA1 - EMA2;
> ZeroLagEMA:= EMA1 + Difference;
> ZeroLagEMA
> Cross(ZeroLagEMA,Mov(ZeroLagEMA,opt2,E))
>
> Make it easy on yourself and run this with a non optimized sell then
> optimize the sell side.
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Harris"
> <paul_vicmar@> wrote:
> >
> > Preston
> >
> > Thanxs for the walkthrough. I understand the logic of what you have
> > done but I would prefer to optimise on the original formula of Zero
> > Lag EMA instead of a moving average of Zero Lag EMA.
> > The original formula that we have been using is the following :
> >
> > Period:= Input("What Period",1,250,10);
> > EMA1:= Mov(CLOSE,Period,E);
> > EMA2:= Mov(EMA1,Period,E);
> > Difference:= EMA1 - EMA2;
> > ZeroLagEMA:= EMA1 + Difference;
> > ZeroLagEMA
> >
> > I understand that the "mov" function will allow you to only use the
> > moving averages listed in Metastock i.e EXP, SIM, WEI, etc and not
> in
> > this case our Zero Lag EMA so would it be possible to use
> the "cross"
> > function. So that the logic would be:
> > Buy when the optimised Zero Lag EMA(shorter)crosses over the
> optimised
> > Zero Lag EMA(longer). And conversely sell when the longer crosses
> the
> > shorter.
> >
> > Yours
> > PAUL
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Paul,
> > >
> > > Let's see if we can provide some recap information for anyone
> else
> > > wishing to take part in this. The indicators were listed by you
> in
> > > message 24953.
> > >
> > > As I remember we had several indicators from which to take
> signals. We
> > > had a MACD that we made using the ZeroLag EMA and we also took
> the
> > > ZeroLag MACD and normalized it.
> > >
> > > Now we want to do an exploration and optimize some values to see
> what
> > > performs best.
> > >
> > > This was always a lot of fun but also consumed large amounts of
> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)