[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: StockScores Formula - Request for Formula(s)

Basically the answer to your question is no you can't incorporate
things like sentiment scores into MS backtests.

Backtesters are available from Reuters, Ford Equity Research and
others that do backtesting based on fundamental and quantitative data
and formulas. Like everything else they range in price and ability. My
backtester and stock analyzer came from Ford Equity Research and cost
$10K a year. Reuters has them at about $1000 a year up to $3000 and more.

Some of the simple quant testers can be found at Motley Fools
mechanical investing website. Some of the testers work only on Value
Line stock data, some work only on IBD stock data, or AAII stock
data,etc.

AAII has stock investor pro which screens but doesn't test. It only
costs $200 a year. It's a very powerful screener.

Once you have screened the stocks using those screeners, then you have
to input them into MS and run your TA tests.

No single product does it all, and if it did 99% of the "traders"
would not pay the thousands of dollars per year it costs to have it.

In my experience just as much money can be made using prescreened
lists from Value Line or IBD and then applying TA.

If you think the services you mentioned are better then these two,
have longer track records and have been reviewed, tested, scrutinized,
and studied more than VL and IBD have been, then sign up and start
using them.

Better yet sign up for Roy's newsletter back issues where a lot of
this has been discussed in detail--or on his forum.

http://www.metastocktips.co.nz/

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, longhair4277 <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Thats not what I was refering to. There are websites that
> list "stockscores". Examples would be www.smallcapcenter.com,
> www.stockhouse.com, www.stockscores.com. They all use the same
> method, and I was wanting to code that into MS for back testing
> purposes. I realize I can scan on each of these websites, but there
> is no way to backtest on them.
>
> Thanks
> LH
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, johndoetrader18
> <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > There are approximately 1,234,962 methods of coming up with stock
> > rating or scoring systems.
> >
> > Value Line, IBD, Ford Equity Research and Standard and Poors have
> the
> > best known and best performing methods.
> >
> > Here's StockScouter which also works well, if you understand how to
> > use it.
> >
> > http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/StockRating/srsmain.asp?
> Symbol=cell
> >
> > A little TA and strong fundamentals and solid quants creates the
> best
> > performing systems.
> >
> > Here's the Reuters method.
> >
> > http://www.investor.reuters.com/ReadHTML.aspx?
> target=/opinion/find/about
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, longhair4277 <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > During the holidays, was doing some reading about
> using "Stockscores"
> > > for screening for stocks. Was wondering if anyone knew where /
> if the
> > > formula for this is system is available.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > LH

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional