[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: help in building an indicator

Let's see if this will at least get you going.

BTW, Its much easier to address someone by a name not "stock market".

The formula you are seeking requires a bit of manipulation and use
of "if" variables which are tricky but can be done. I've coded the
first part but the moving averages you requested in 4,5,and 6 are
not standard metastock indicators so you need to decide how you will
deal with them. You can include the formula in the indicator code or
call a Formula variable from an external indicator formula. You
should also keep in mind that you may be reaching a line limitation
so the external FMLVAR call may save you some space.

Here's part one of the formula:

Sec:= Security("C:\MetaStock Data\EOD-NSE\S&P CNX Nifty",C);
P1:=Input("Enter Moving Avg Period of Index",1,250,6);
R1:=Input("Enter ROC Period of Index",1,250,6);
MOVtypeCode1:=Input("EMA(1),TEMA(2),Vol(3),ZeroLag(4),Hull(5),AdapMV
(6)",1,6,1);

{place all input variables above this line}

RA1:=ROC(SEC {close of sec},R1,%);

{manipulate data above this line}

MA1:=Mov(RA1,P1, E);
MA2:= Tema(RA1, P1);
MA3:= Mov(RA1,P1,V);
MA4:= {Zero Lag here};
MA5:= {Hull here};
MA6:= {Adap MV here};

RAMA:= If(MOVtypeCode1=1, MA1,
{else}
If(MOVtypeCode1=2, MA2,
{else}
If(MOVtypeCode1=3, MA3,
{else}
If(MOVtypeCode1=4, MA4,
{else}
If(MOVtypeCode1=5, MA5,
{else}
MA6)))));

RAMA;{no need for this line if you do not wish to plot RAMA}

hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "stock market"
<stockmarket1974@xxx> wrote:

> hi,
> i am trying to build and indicator for comparing the price
movement of the
> security with the index. This should give the market out
performers. as i am
> not very good at this. Help from all the seniors in the line is of
great
> value.
>
> the indicator would do as under
> calculate the daily ROC of index and the security
> calculate the moving average of this roc(both the index and
security)
> the diff of the two would be the chart
>
> i have writen the following code but cannot understand how to
> 1) use the input that selects the kind of moving avg to be used.
(line 6)
> 2) how to select the price of index that has been selected with
the variable
> sec(line5)
>
> please also check the rest of the code and suggest improvements

> Sec:= Security("C:\MetaStock Data\EOD-NSE\S&P CNX Nifty",C);
> P1:=Input("Enter Moving Avg Period of Index",1,250,6);
> MOVtypeCode1:=Input("EMA(1),TEMA(2),Vol(3),ZeroLag(4),Hull
(5),AdapMV(6)",1,5,1);
> MOVtype1:=0; {this varriable is to select the moving avg type in
formulae
> language}
> ROC1:=ROC(c{close of sec},1,%);
> ROCma1:=Mov(ROC1,P1,e{kind of mov to be used});
>
> P2:=Input("Enter Moving Avg Period of security",1,250,6);
> MOVtypeCode2:=Input("EMA(1),TEMA(2),Vol(3),ZeroLag(4),Hull
(5),AdapMV(6)",1,5,1);
> MOVtype2:=0; {this varriable is to select the moving avg type in
formulae
> language}
> ROC2:=ROC(C,1,%);
> ROCma2:=Mov(ROC2,P2,e{1/2/3/4/5/6});