Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: My bollinger band squeeze

Hi Pumrysh,

Thanks again for your help but this code deals with bands squeeze which a bit different of what I am looking for.
I would like to detect bands flatness, no matter they are tight or widened and I can assure you it is not that easy to find !

Regards,
S4

pumrysh a écrit :
S4,

Try this:

a1:=BBandTop( CLOSE, 10, S, 2 )-BBandBot( CLOSE, 10, S, 2 );
(a1/mov(CLOSE,10,S))*100

If this doesn't do what you want you may need to get off of messenger
and go to the internet. Then go to the files section of the group and
look for formula sites. There are a number of them listed. Look for
Bollinger Band Width% at the sites.

Sorry, I don't see this as difficult or tricky.

Preston

<safdar19@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello to everyone
> > >
> > > Few days ago there was a discussion about how to find out
> > securities
> > > who's Bollinger bands have come really close
> > > I have managed to write a formula which can find exactly this.
> > > The formula is very basic, but it works.
> > >
> > > cola
> > > a1:=BBandTop( CLOSE, 10, S, 2 )-BBandBot( CLOSE, 10, S, 2 );
> > > (a1/BBandTop( CLOSE, 10, S, 2 ))*100
> > > {finds the % difference between the two bands, the less
difference
> > > the better the probebility of a breakout}
> > >
> > > colb
> > > b2:=BBandTop( CLOSE, 10, S, 2 )-BBandBot( CLOSE, 10, S, 2 );
> > > c2:=(b2/BBandTop( CLOSE, 10, S, 2 ))*100;
> > > BarsSince(c2>10)
> > > { Finds the no of days the security is moving the tight band }
> > >
> > > filter
> > > cola<10
> > >
> > > ==============================================================
> > > I have taken the bands to be "tight" if the difference between
the
> > > upper band and lower band is 10% (value in cola)
> > > Filter can be reduced to anyone's liking.
> > > Like wise in colb "BarsSince(c2>10)" 10 can be reduced to any
lower
> > > number
> > >
> > > Safdar

Business finance course Business finance online course Business finance class
Small business finance Business finance schools Business finance small software

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS