From: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of matt_cj
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 12:28 PM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Optimum PC setup for MS9.0 (with QuoteCenter)

Hello All,
I've been running system tests that use many optimized variables
and these tests routinely run overnight.  And now that I'd like to
test them on more data the tests are running into several days!

I'm running a modest pc setup:  XP pro on a Dell 2.4GHZ with 1GB
RAM, and am thinking it's time for an upgrade.  I can add another GB
RAM but suspect that won't improve things enough.

What are PC configurations are ya'll using?  Any specific advice on
improving system tester speed (i.e. operating system optimization,
registry changes or cache settings).

My goal is to run system tests "continuously," that is, do overnight
runs to optimize a small set of reliable systems  to choose the one
that happens to be performing best recently.  And I'll need to
monitor several charts, each having an updating system probably on
5min and 15min bars.

Is internet speed a limiting factor in running several 5min, 15min
charts?  I'm guessing not.

Business finance course Business finance online course Business finance class
Small business finance Business finance schools Business finance small software

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS