RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] How to code that ?

Hello S4,

Here are some questions:

- how far back do you want to go.  You have to go at least 1 bar back but
you could go many, especially if you are trading on a short time frame.

Also, you could make an indicator that is a blend of various time frames.
Slope by its nature has to top out at or before 90 degrees if you measure it
as an angle.  If you chart it, it will go from a high of +90 and a low of
-90.

Or you can take the raw price differential as a number.

You need to take the Upper Bollinger and the Lower Bollinger one at a time.

Find the Slope of the Upper Bollinger (use Regression Line - I believe that
is correct...may be similar wording).  Or you can just measure upperBB_NOW
minus upperBB_01hourago or other time frame.  For example, 1.2222 is what it
was an hour ago.
Now it is 1.2242, or 20 pips higher measured on the Bollinger, not the
price.
So, the Bollinger is angling up.

Repeat this process for the Slope of the Lower Bollinger.

Use the Upper Bollinger bending up at a large angle to be an indication of a
LONG trade.

Use the Lower Bollinger bending down at a large angle to be an indication of
a SHORT trade.

Use a flat Bollinger as price is crossing over to be a probable bounce.
Meaning: if we are seeing the price touch the bottom and drift up and
beginning to touch the top Bollinger, if it is flat, we can expect it to
reverse in the area near the Bollinger.

There will be areas that are neither steep enough to indicate a break out or
flat enough to indicate a ranging area.  Use this as an indication to stay
out of the market.

Hope this gets you enough to start coding,

Steve AKA Forex5x

Hi all,

I would like to code the flatness of the Bollinger Bands (see the
screenshot below) .
I thought it was rather simple but as a matter of fact it is fairly
tricky !!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Tia,
S4