[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Help needed with indicator selection

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, johndoetrader18
<no_reply@xxxx> wrote:

> TA is no magic bullet. It can't predict the future. I've been
trading
> for many years and TA is of limited value.
>
> There are only two things which might help you. You can use
> trendlines. Trendlines take some experience, especially watching
> stocks bounce around the trend line. Longer term trend traders use
> trendlines as stops.
>
> The second is the B & Q indicators. They are very good at
determining
> when a trend is over. They are based on some very sound time series
> math. You can read about them here.
>
> http://www.alticom.com/indicators/overview.html
>
> and here.
>
> http://store.traders.com/stcov221trin.html
>
> Unfortunately Equis programmed these wrong. I see they finally took
> the bogus code down.
>
> Roy and I programmed these when I first learned about David's work.
> Now Roy has written a new version using Dll's that's fast, accurate
> and doesn't use any prev statements. I've found that the Q
indicator
> distinguishes between consolidations, small pullbacks, and end of
> trend better than anything I've used.
>
> It's worth the price of a subscription to Roy's newsletter alone.
> You'll make back the subscription costs in two or three trades.
> Brilliant code.
>
> Good luck!

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

I accept that TA can't predict the future and for quite a while I
have only used Price & Volume to trade. However, we the exception of
certain chart set-ups such as large SP move on low volume, etc, etc,
I found that price & volume alone were too vague to accurately
predict movements with stocks. Hence why the move to some TA.

I've never heard about the B & Q indicators so will definately take
a look at these. Thanks for the info :-)

Normally, I wouldn't subscribe to any newsletter but I would like to
say (and I hope that Roy reads this post) is that I have posted
numerous posts on here with regard to programming problems and he
has always been precise and extremly helpful. For this reason, I
will take your advice and subscribe to his newsletter, as it would
be good to broaden my knowledge of Metastock.

Once again, thanks for your help....

Chorlton

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM