[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Problem With Simple System Test

Hi Sylvain:

Actually, I did not have any stops. But it gets even stranger. See my
post dated December 14 @ 9:30 pm. (By the way, the post dated December
14 @ 9:33 pm was actually sent by me before the 9:30 post.)

In any event, I haven't sorted the whole problem out yet. I keep
thinking it's something I am doing/not doing, but perhaps it's the
software?  Any comments/suggestions would be apprciated.

Thanks,

Shelley

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Sylvain Vervoort"
<sylvain.vervoort@xxxx> wrote:

> Most probably you have set a trailing stop under the "STOP" tab. Take
> it away and your test will work fine.
>
> best regards,
> Sylvain
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "shelleyide" <sgide@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everyone: I have Metastock End-of-Day 9.0 I have a very simple
> > system that I want to test. It's a simple Moving Average crossover
> > system. You know, buy when a crosses above b, sell when c crosses
> > below b. The problem is that the system identifies and correctly
> > signals the buy but not the sell. It sells on the very same day as
> the
> > buy even though the sell condition is not present. I haven't a clue
> > what I am doing wrong.
> >
> > Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can get this system to
> work
> > properly?

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM