RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Hurst Channel

Wallace,

Here’s the code I use for CMA channels. Uses a triangular MA for extra smoothing as per Andrew’s comments. You can replace the TRI with S if you want to use simple MA for comparison. I generally stick with the fixed percentage channel…as opposed to Hurst who advocates a fixed absolute width. That bit seems slightly illogical to me as a higher price usually brings higher absolute volatility. If you plot the fixed % on a semi-log plot then you will get a fixed width.

Hope it helps.

Andy

--------------

{Centred MA Envelopes (Triangular)}

{half-span CMA will highlight desired wavelength}

{further 1.5 factor used due to Tri MA double smoothing}

{odd periods ensure there is a valid centred reference point.

Achieved by last line of 'P1' code}

{Periods}

P1:=Input("Highlight/Show Wavelength =",3,10000,31);

X:=Input("NB, contains all cycles with WLth less than this",0,0,0);

P1:=P1/2;

P1:=round(P1*1.5);

P1:=LastValue(If(Frac(P1/2)=0,P1+1,P1));

{Other Inputs}

Y:=Input("Envelope Width Basis [1]#ATRs [2]% [3]price",1,3,2);

Z:=Input("Envelope Width",0,1000,0.005);

{moving average}

MA:=Mov(C,P1,TRI);

{envelope width}

X:=If(Y=1,Z*Mov(ATR(1),P1,S),If(Y=2,MA*Z/100,Z));

{envelopes}

EU:=MA+X;

EL:=MA-X;

{Centre Everything}