RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Trading a Metastock System

I execute a Metastock based system. All I can say, is hard code all your
stops, and go through tons of example historical trades. Until every single
trade comes out in Metastock exactly as you expect it to, don't even think
of trying to trade it. Approach it as if someone you really dislike has
written the code and you want to show how bad they really are. Stress test
it with gaps, takeovers, half-days - be as vindictive as you can.

The usual way to trade an end of day system (at least, one that selects from
a portfolio of stocks) is to run the system in Explorer, at the end of each
day, then look at each chart. I also have the same code as an Expert showing
buy and sell arrows (signals, not trades) so I can get my exit signals, and
also so I can easily review trades at a future date.

If you've used system tester in any part of the system design be
particularly careful. I use Trade Sim as I could never trust the results of
system tester. Not with real money.

Before you start to trade you must know all the stats of your system so you
can tell immediately if it starts to behave unexpectedly. And when it does,
stop trading until you understand what's going on. Also make sure you have a
complete system (including things like position sizing) and that you've
tested that complete system (yes, that may mean you have to design and test
portfolio rules).

Andrew