From: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jose Silva
Sent: Tuesday, 22 November 2005 5:17 PM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Parabolic trend "line"

Ron, Ed, plotting a parabolic fit is not impossible using MSFL - it
just requires a little imagination and a lot of free time.

However, since abstract mathematical plots are generally considered an
absolute waste of *valuable time* and effort, and since it has little
or nothing to do with actual trading, you won't find much of that
around here.

For complex parabolical(!) plots, try dedicated maths software such as
Statistica 7.  http://www.statsoft.com/v7.htm

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ed Hoopes" <reefbreak_sd@xxxx>
wrote:

> It was just this problem that led me to change my TA  software from
> MS to AmiBroker.  Plotting a best fit parabola to a data set
> requires the solution of 3 equations in 3 unknowns - far beyond the
> capabilities of MS - FL.
>
> I was frustrated realizing that I would have to buy the MS MDK PLUS
> purchase a programming language  -  $$$$. I Googled for things like
> "Tech analysis software" etc.   AmiBroker's Website came up and I
> realized that programming a parabolic fit would be possible.  I
> created a Function in AFL that does the parabolic fit, and have
> incorporated it into several indicators.
>
> I recommend you pursue a parabolic fit indicator, it works really
> well.
>
> Ed Hoopes
>
> PS
> I still read this board since I am in a MS users group - even though
> I don't use MS any more.
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ron Berlin" <rsb_44@xxxx>
> wrote:
>
> In Trend Trading Guppy mentions a parabolic trend line drawing tool.
> It's not in MS and the ellipse tool doesn't do the job.
>
> Is there a work around? I'd like to have that feature.
>
> TIA
> Ron

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM