[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Parabolic trend "line"

It was just this problem that led me to change my TA  software from MS
to AmiBroker.  Plotting a best fit parabola to a data set requires the
solution of 3 equations in 3 unknowns - far beyond the capabilities of
MS - FL.

I was frustrated realizing that I would have to buy the MS MDK PLUS
purchase a programming language  -  $$$$. I Googled for things like
"Tech analysis software" etc.   AmiBroker's Website came up and I
realized that programming a parabolic fit would be possible.  I
created a Function in AFL that does the parabolic fit, and have
incorporated it into several indicators.

I recommend you pursue a parabolic fit indicator, it works really well.

Ed Hoopes

PS
I still read this board since I am in a MS users group - even though I
don't use MS any more.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ron Berlin" <rsb_44@xxxx> wrote:

> In Trend Trading Guppy mentions a parabolic trend line drawing tool.
It's
> not in MS and the ellipse tool doesn't do the job.
>
> Is there a work around? I'd like to have that feature.
>
> TIA
> Ron

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM