RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: File Open box delays big time !

Title: Message
If you download files onto your hard drive, you shouldn't have a problem.  When using data stored on a server (e.g., ESignal), there will probably always be a delay in 8.01.  I tried fixing this problem as well, but haven't had any success (even with T3 Cable).  Probable Solution: Download to your hard drive.
-----Original Message-----
From: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of martinjenkins2001
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 5:36 AM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: File Open box delays big time !

I realise this won't be much consolation, but I had the same problem
with 8.0 myself.  There was a huge improvement in version 9.0.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Egitman <egitman@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I just became a member today and I'm rather new with the program
despite I purchased version 8.01 back in 2003 I did not have too
much time to invest in it. Now I'm fully on it.

> My biggest problem however is that the open files/security dialog
boxes take too long to appear ! It is almost 10-15 seconds before
this dialog box shows-up !!! After that selecting the security and
opening it has no further delays. This just happened when I
restarted using the program after a year time. Previously I had no
problem and all my other windows programs has no such delay either.
I tried resetting by ctrl+shift at the start-up of the program and I
even re-installed it fully. But NO ! It still is there and even
trying to access "samples" folder takes about 12 - 15 seconds for
the dialog box to show-up !

> Can somebody help me ?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Hakan Egitman