RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Question for Richard Dale

Typically, the data provider will automatically take
care of conversions of previous data. That means you
may have to download a completely new data series and
probably delete the old data. Your provider may give
you instructions how to do this through your
downloader. Metastock does not provide any means of
time series conversions like splits, etc.
automatically. You have to rely completely on your
data provider.

Hope this helps, although question not addressed ot
me.

AlexAtreides

--- Larry Carhartt <lc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I, too, have a question, not directly related to
> MetaStock, but of interest,
> I hope.  Obviously when a stock splits, its previous
> price history is
> adjusted to reflect the split.  How are large
> capital distributions and/or
> dividends handled?  In other words, say a stock
> trades at 60 and they pay
> shareholders a $30.00 cash distribution.  I know the
> current price would be
> reduced by the $30.00 amount, but what about the
> historical prices?  Are
> they, too, reduced by the $30.00 amount or not?  For
> some reason, my feeble
> brain cannot remember how this is handled.
>
> Best,
>
> Larry Carhartt
>
> MasterDATA Composite Plug-in For MetaStock
> The Only Source for Index & ETF Composite/Breadth
> Historical MetaStock Data
>  <http://www.masterdata4metastock.com/>
> www.MasterDATA4MetaStock.com
>  <mailto:lc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> lc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 818-701-6686

ance+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+class&w4=S

mall+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+finance+small+
> software&c=6&s=188&.sig=nRPueYPjT0eKqp0H3HgpPQ>
> finance course 	Business

ess+finance+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+cla

ss&w4=Small+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+finance

+small+software&c=6&s=188&.sig=rQ15kUImgyjASvn6M3Z-Ng>
> finance online course
> Business

nce+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+class&w4=Sm

all+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+finance+small+s
> oftware&c=6&s=188&.sig=Pgw5U7KuwyhhP2gVSIFRtA>
> finance class
> Small

nce+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+class&w4=Sm

all+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+finance+small+s
> oftware&c=6&s=188&.sig=a0l0fZNpYmsHHg4Zk5gTTQ>
> business finance
> Business

nance+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+class&w4=

Small+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+finance+small
> +software&c=6&s=188&.sig=IM50ixKy6QQbNz_vp7RDUA>
> finance schools
> Business

ness+finance+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+cl

ass&w4=Small+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+financ

e+small+software&c=6&s=188&.sig=Pko4X12Z-1fL2MUDge-XPA>
> finance small
> software
>
>   _____
>
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>

> *	 Visit your group "equismetastock
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock> " on
> the web.
>

> *	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

> *	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> Yahoo! Terms of Service
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
>

>   _____

Yahoo! Music Unlimited