Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Help with creating 2 Momentum Indicators

Hi Chorlton

> How could I change the colour / style of the lines, so I know which one is which?

Right click on the one you want to change, go to properties, and change colour and style to your hearts content.

If you want to plot this indicator on every chart you open, then save as default template once the colour and style are correct. Do this by right clicking in an open area of chart and selecting, you guessed it, "Save as Default Template".

Existing Smart Charts (in MSSMART folders) must be deleted before MetaStock can create updated charts for those securities. The MSSMART folders are one level below the data folders. It's just as effective to delete the MSSMART folders as the MWS files they contain, but whatever you do, DON'T delete the data files.

> Finally, what is the easiest way to add a horizontal line at 0 (in the graph) so that I can see the differences easier?

Add "0;" without the quotes as another plot for the indicator. See below. I think one of the other replies mentioned that you can also plot a line by going to the "Horizontal Lines" tab instead of the "Color/Style" tab.

{Custom Oscillator}
MADifference:=Mov(C,3,E) - Mov(C,9,E);
MASignal:=Mov(MADifference,16,E);
0; MASignal; MADifference;

In the event that you want to call the difference or signal values from the custom indacator using the Fml() function, make sure that you list the required output last. Using Fml("Custom Indicator") will call the MADifference plot from the above formula (note I've changed the order since this morning), and FmlVar("Custom Indicator","MASignal") will call the signal line if you need it in a test or exploration.

Hope that all makes sense/

Regards

Roy

Thanks,

Chorlton

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@x...>
wrote:

> Hi Chorlton
>

> I think this is what you are asking for.
>
> {Custom Oscillator}
> MADifference:=Mov(C,3,E) - Mov(C,9,E);
> MASignal:=Mov(MADifference,16,E);
> MADifference; MASignal;