[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Eliminating PREV and Signal Delay - Help Needed

Hi MG:

I managed to understand and able to code the delay 1 bar signal.
But, still can't do the same thing on PREV part. I believe there is
a distance between my humble IQ and your incredible knowledge.

Good trading!

Gary

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mgf_za_1999 <no_reply@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> The trick really is in the condition - the LX - of entry or exit.
Ref

<richr4ever@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi MG:
> >
> > Thanx for the lines. But, I don't really get it all. Can you
post
> > some examples, especially on delay execution with 1 bar for the
Long
> > Exit, so that I can have better ideas of coding it?
> >
> > My only idea now is Ref(LX,-1)=1. But will it refer to my
previous
> > LX signal when current LX condition is not yet fulfil?
> >
> > Thank yoU!
> >
> > Gary.
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mgf_za_1999
<no_reply@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Gary,
> > >
> > > Try the ref(x,-n) function, which references or 'delays' a
time
> > > series x with n periods. So you could do something like
calculate
> > > two triggers,
> > >
> > >     Trigger1 := some stuff
> > >     Trigger2 := some stuff, based on Ref(Trigger1,-1)
> > >
> > > and use Trigger2. I did not attempt to do it with your code,
but
> > > hope you get the idea. The same applies for your entry/exit
code.
> > In
> > > stead of using say signal, use Ref(signal,-1) to delay
execution
> > > with 1 bar.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > MG Ferreira
> > > TsaTsa EOD Programmer and trading model builder
> > > http://www.ferra4models.com
> > > http://fun.ferra4models.com
> > >

> > > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "richr4ever"

> > one