[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to do a system test - Buy stock when price reaches $3.00 intraday, sell

Quite right, as a plot of cross(C,xx) reveals. I mixed up cross with
another 'cross' that is either +1, 0 or -1 depending on wheter C is
above, equal or below xx. Not really using Metastock that much and
most of the stuff, as I often warn, is OTC (off the cuff).

I see on Equis' site that MS is the best software for non
professionals. Is this a compliment or an insult?

Regards
MG Ferreira
TsaTsa EOD Programmer and trading model builder
http://www.ferra4models.com
http://fun.ferra4models.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva" <josesilva22@xxxx>
wrote:

> > Buy: cross(C,3) * ( C > 3 )
>
> Since the price has to be above $3 once it crosses that level, the
> above multiplier is redundant code.
>
> Buy:=cross(C,3)
>

> > Sell: cross(C, 2.90) + cross(C, 3.20)
>
> Thinking in terms of logical AND/OR operators often makes the signal
> process easier to understand:
>
> Sell:=Cross(C,2.9) OR Cross(C,3.2)
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mgf_za_1999 <no_reply@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Presuming you buy when the price goes above 3, something like
> >
> > Buy: cross(C,3) * ( C > 3 )
> >
> > Sell: cross(C, 2.90) + cross(C, 3.20)
> >
> > Regards
> > MG Ferreira
> > TsaTsa EOD Programmer and trading model builder
> > http://www.ferra4models.com
> > http://fun.ferra4models.com
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wetrade2002"
> > <wetrade2002@xxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > How can I do a system test in Metastock that
> > >
> > > 1) Buys a stock intraday when the price is at $3.00
> > >
> > > 2) Sell if the price reaches $2.90
> > >
> > > 3) Sell if the price reaches $3.20.
> > >
> > > Please help.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.