Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Trading the SPX or SPY

Andrew,

Both the screens (MSTT SPY trading system and Metastock's system) I
use rely on NYSE breadth as a proxy for SPY breadth. Still, is the
discrepancy/inaccuracy from this approach more than say, 5%?

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrew Tomlinson"
<andrew_tomlinson@xxxx> wrote:

> I highly recommend that people take a look at Larry's work. Just to
give one
> example, traditional breadth data only exists on a stock exchange
basis -
> NYSE and NASDAQ. Neither match well to tradable indexes. If you use NYSE
> breadth data to trade the S&P 500 or S&P 500 stocks, not only do the
prices
> not match (compare a longer term history of the NYSE Comp and the
S&P500),