[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Trailing Stop-ATR Chandelier Exit v3.0

John, one of the reasons why it is so difficult to determine if we are
in a trend or just in a short rally, is that we all have different
definitions/expectations of what a trend should be.

A trend may only need to last a few hours for an intraday trader, a
few days for a short-term trader, but perhaps months for a longer-term
investor.

Someone's trend is someone else's choppy market.

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Doe" <ms001122@xxxx>
> wrote:
> Jose,
>
> Do you have an indicator or formula that can help determine if a
> market is choppy or trending?
>
> JD
> ============================
>

> From: "Jose Silva" <josesilva22@xxxx>
> To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Trailing Stop-ATR Chandelier
> Exit v3.0
> Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 21:12:00 -0000
>
> Yes, unfortunately that's how most MS trailing stops work - they
> need at least one bar after a signal to reset for the next one.
> Having said that, I'd like to add that applying trailing stops to a
> choppy market is a recipe for early bankruptcy.
>
> Keep in mind that the one should also be using exits based on market
> conditions, and that a good professional trailing stop (i.e., not
> free) will reset on the trader's entry & exit signals, rather than
> an arbitrary cross of a price plot that may have no relevance to the
> trader's signals.
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "pastbankhkarr"
> <pastbankhkarr@xxxx> wrote:
> Jose,
>
> I was applying the "Trailing Stop-ATR Chandelier Exit v3.0"
> indicator to EOD chart for NGS and noticed that an Exit Signal (-1)
> was given on 8/18/05 (Settings: multi=3, pds=10, pds1=21, plot=1,
> adv=0, delay=0).
>
> I expected to see an Entrance Signal (+1) on the next day, 8/19/05
> given OHLC was above the "Trailing Stop" plot. However, there wasn't
> one.
>
> I think I know why and that is because the "Close" for 8/19/05 does
> not "cross" the plot.
>
> Is this the intent of the code or an anomaly? I posted a file
> titled, "NGS", that shows the chart, indicator and settings.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Lee

Help Sudanese refugees rebuild their lives through GlobalGiving.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjNroD/EbOLAA/cosFAA/BefplB/TM