RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Metastock Composite - Help Needed

Hi MG

You suggest that A/B has 'additional benefits for trading'. What do you see
those as? My preference on composites is to use combinations that I can
actually trade, which usually means A - B in some form. A/B avoids going
negative simply by compressing the lower end of the scale, rendering an area
of output insensitive to changes in the data. This is similar to the problem
with 'bounded' indicators, like stochastics.

Using A-B creates two issues - the horizontal shift (an arbitrary number
seems to do fine in most applications) and the trade ratio (trickier - I
like to volatility adjust).

Interested in your thoughts
Andrew