[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bomar Bands

Today I read the article on the CCI and Bollinger Bands in TASC --
Stock and Commodities and how they are mathmatically similar. It is
very interesting and how the Bomar Bands is a off shoot. Read the
article and a new light of understanding the bands and volatility and
how 95% of all movement is in 2 standard deviations and 65% in 1
standard deviation.
KS

\
--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "onprof" <onprof@xxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone have a Metastock formula for Marc Chaikin's Bomar Bands.
> They are constructed a litle differently from Bollinger Bands.
> According to Chaikin, he computes a 21 day Moving Average (don't know
> if it is a simple, weighted, exponential etc...) and looks back at
250
> trading days and creates bands that contain 85% of all closing prices
> above and below that 21-day moving average.
>
> According to Chaikin, his bans are "more stable" than Bollinger Bands
> and don't expand or contract as much.
>
> Chikin explains his bands in Chris Wilkinson's "Technically Speaking"
> (1997).
>
> If someone knows how to correctly calculate these bands, please post
> them here.
> Thanking you in advance.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM