[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Percentage Change Chart

Right click on the axis and select semi-log.  This will turn the y
axis into a log scale, now every movement you see on the axis is
basically in percentages. If something moves up a given amount and
then down the same amount, it means the percentage change was the
same. It is especially nice to do this and see exactly how big the 87
crash was compared to recent developments. Also applies to two (or
more) series drawn on the axis. They are now all comparable. If the
first series falls on a log scale and the second fall by a similar
amount, then they fell by the same percentage. The many wonders of the
log transform, works because in the limit the percentage change and
the log is equal and because ln A/B = ln A - ln B ....

Regards
MG Ferreira
TsaTsa EOD Programmer and trading model builder
http://www.ferra4models.com
http://fun.ferra4models.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva" <josesilva22@xxxx>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM