RE: [Metastockusers] Re: Has someone used the ICE add on by Adaptick ?

If you join the ICE group and trawl very patiently through all the postings history you will learn a good deal – not only about ICE but systems developing in general.

The only sure way to develop reliable systems that you can trade with confidence is to learn about the complete process yourself. That involves, at some stage, learning how to code in order to overcome some of the shortfalls of ICE. However, ICE can (and does for me) provide a useful starting point when looking to build a new system from scratch. The basic philosophy behind it is sound – that of indicator diversification – and the program provides an extensive list of system tests. Those alone are worth the small price tag…if only to save you time in reading up & coding them yourself. To learn how to use them effectively is a story for another day…but you can get a good idea where to start from the postings.

If I was starting out again as a beginner I would turn straight to ICE….and then to Roy’s newsletter. Both would have helped save me a lot of time, stress and money whilst I was wallowing at the bottom of my learning curve.

From: superfragalist [mailto:jackolso@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 5:03 AM
To: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Metastockusers] Re: Has someone used the ICE add on by Adaptick ?

You should join the group I mentioned and tell them you got poor
results. They can help you fix the problem.

Poor results on the test samples is not a drawback to ICE. There are
other issues but that shouldn't be one of them. I've run 160 stocks
through it, and I can't say I've had the same problem.

I don't trade with it because I've got systems I have developed that
out perform it, but for newbie's with no programming ability, it's
not a bad way to learn.

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gary D Moore <garydmoore@xxxx>
wrote:
> I purchased the first version and also the upgrade.  I have never
had any
> success with it.  Its is supposed to make a trading system for a
particular
> stock or group of stocks but I found it time consuming and then
when it
> made the system, its results were poor.  For me it was money
wasted.  Good
> luck.
>
> At 08:02 AM 12/30/2004, you wrote:
>

> >Dear friends
> >I am very interested to the ICE add on for Metastock  by adaptick.
> >www.adaptick.com
> >I saw the video presentation

(<http://www.adaptick.com/flash/ice_intro.htmland>http://www.adaptick.
com/flash/ice_intro.htmland
> >) and it looks a
> >good tool. but I have some doubts.
> >The process consists of three main steps.
> >First, for any stock you are interested  you have to look for the
> >best 4 V indicators (Velocity, Verticality, Volatility, Volume)
> >between 81 indicators they seem offer to you.
> >After that you'll indicate in a web based page these indicators and
> >their values. After few minutes you'll receive by email a first
> >optimized system.
> >Then you'll test this system  again with a new simulation, and
you'll
> >comunicate on the same web based page the new values.
> >Finally they'll post you the definitive system with special Experts
> >that will indicate how to stay in the market with that particular
> >trade.
> >What is not clear is how they balance the four indicators you have
> >selected. What kind of criteria do they use ?. Is it just a
> >statistically criterium, because they apply it only to your
> >optimitation and not dependently on the specific stock. They say in
> >fact that you can use ICE for any market and also for Forex or
mutual
> >funds . Is not all this too much generic ?
> >Have you tested this apparently good "add on" ?
> >Have you really obtained "robust systems", as they call them ?
> >
> >Thanks for an opinion
> >John
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lbm92a/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
76/D=groups/S=1705001779:HM/EXP=1104518957/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6
/*http://companion.yahoo.com>
> >click here

/group/Metastockusers/

> >    *
> >    * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> >    *
> > <mailto:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
> >
> >    *
> >    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> >

> >SPAM: ------------------------ Spamnix Spam Report ----------------
---------
> >SPAM: Spamnix identified this message as spam.  This report shows
which
> >SPAM: rules matched the message and how many points each rule
contributed.
> >SPAM:
> >SPAM: Content analysis details:   (5.10 hits, 5 required)
> >SPAM: HTML_WEB_BUGS      (0.5 points)  BODY: Image tag with an ID
code to
> >identify you
> >SPAM: HTML_COMMENT_EGP   (-0.1 points) BODY: HTML comment contains
> >non-spam Yahoo! Groups banner
> >SPAM: HTML_MESSAGE       (0.1 points)  BODY: HTML included in
message
> >SPAM: HTML_FONT_COLOR_BLUE (0.1 points)  BODY: HTML font color is
blue
> >SPAM: HTML_40_50         (1.1 points)  BODY: Message is 40% to 50%
HTML
> >SPAM: MAILTO_LINK        (0.1 points)  BODY: Includes a URL link
to send
> >an email
> >SPAM: MAILTO_WITH_SUBJ   (0.3 points)  URI: Includes a link to
send a mail
> >with a subject
> >SPAM: FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD  (2.4 points)  'From' yahoo.com does not
match
> >'Received' headers
> >SPAM: MIME_HTML_ONLY     (0.1 points)  Message only has text/html
MIME parts
> >SPAM: CLICK_BELOW        (0.5 points)  Asks you to click below
> >SPAM: USER_AGENT         (0.0 points)  Has a User-Agent header
> >SPAM:
> >SPAM: Spam level: *****
> >SPAM: --------------------- End of Spamnix Spam Report ------------
---------