[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Looking for a recommended Data Site

See, I told you this would happen.

So Jose, I couldn't agree with you more... IF... I were interested
in system development.

Paralysis by analysis has killed off many a new budding share trader
in the past (myself included many years ago).

I have since used the KISS priciple... a few moving averages, maybe
an RSI and MACD which gets the analysis done very quickly and gives
me time to invest early for more profit instead of analysing the
crap out of the stock. I tend to stay in the trade longer these days
also.

As for technical analysis... its like any mathematical formula...
you can make it show what you want to see simply by changing the
parameters.  This is far too advanced for a new investor hence my
advice of free data and a simple system to follow to get him
started.

If he wishes to tackle writing his own systems at a later date then
OK.

I do have another data supplier (which I pay for BTW) for another
software programme I use and have NEVER found any difference in the
end of day data v the FREE data I get for Metastock (other than the
extra two hours each day I have to wait for it to be adjusted).

Just one further note:
 my "simplistic "trading strategy"" generally returns between 30 -
50% per annum on average. This year I expect it to be closer to 60%
return.

Just imagine what I'd get if I was good at this?

Peter

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose" <josesilva22@xxxx>
wrote:

> Your comments show that you have little or no idea as to the real
> purpose for accurate data.  Error-free & adjusted data is
absolutely
> essential for system development, and has little to do with actual
> trading.
>
> As for your simplistic "trading strategy" advice - it also shows
an
> absolute lack of comprehension as to what is involved with trading
in
> the real world.
>
> Your Yahoo data downloader may be fine for weekend hobbyists, but
it
> is far from a serious adjunct to system development.
>

> j.
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "pjonz2002" <peterorr@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >

> > Hi Jerry,
> >
> > Below is an email for the latest version of Smart Downloader, a
free
> > software add on for metastock that gives you access to free
data.
> > I've used yahoo for more than a year now with no issues to note.
> >
> > Ignore the comments of "you get what you pay for" because they
are
> > either selling data or needlessly paying for it.
> > When you are using end of day data you'll only be buying and
selling
> > at irregular intervals. It may be months/years between a
purchase
> > and sell if you've picked the right stock.
> >
> > Only keep between 6 and 10 stocks, have no more than 20% of your
> > bank in one stock (adjust 2 times a year) and allow no more than
2%
> > of your total bank as a stop loss. eg $10,000 total bank would
be
> > max loss on any stock $200.
> >
> > Large diversification of funds is the reason for losses not the
> > prevention of same. This is why you should have no more than 10
> > packets.
> >
> > If you've made more than 10% profit in a month... put in a very
> > tight stop and sell as soon as it breaches. No stocks can
maintain
> > this growth for long... 150%+ so they are going to drop quickly
whan
> > others sell. You can always buy the back when the rise again.
> >
> > Hope this helps. Smart Downloader Email to follow.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Peter
> > Auckland NZ
> >

> > Dear Free Tools User,
> >
> > Equis Smart Downloader 1.0.0.36 v2005 is available to download.
> >
> > What's new:
> > A. Optimized code on WinXp SP2 and Win .NET B. Optimized Yahoo
and
> > MSN Datafeeds
> >
> > In order to download you need to be registered and logged on our
> > Forum http://forum.hypertrader.ws
> >
> > More detail and additional information are available at:
> > http://www.hypertrader.it/sdownloader.shtml

> [...]
subject.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM