Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Month-Week System

Hi Roy:

I was looking to buy at the open on trading day 1 and sell at the close on trading day 5 of month 1, same for month
2 etc.etc.  And show an gain/loss equity line.

Hope this helps,

dom

Roy Larsen wrote:
Hi Dom

> Would someone be so kind to help me with this.  I'm using version 7.2
> and I've been trying to write a system that would buy and
> sell the first week only of each month.  For ex.  Buy at open on day 1
> and sell at close on day 5 of month one and
> continue to month 12.  Obviously I've haven't even come close.
>
> TIA,
>
> dom

Do you want to sell after 5 days, or sell on the first Friday?
When do you sell if the first day of the month is a Friday?
Can you be a bit more explicit?

The first day of the month is easy, your sell day needs clarification.

Buy:=Month()<>Ref(Month(),-1);

If you just want to sell 5 days later then.

Sell:=Ref(Buy,-5);

Kind regards

Roy Larsen
www.metastocktips.co.nz