Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Tester

JT

> Hello all,
>     I am using the horizontal shift option of -3 for an exponential
> moving average on a chart. Now what I am trying to do the same in
> the Testor. But I cannot find anywhere as to how one writes this in
> Metastock code to make it work in the Testor. All that I have read
> about applies only to the Mov(). Nothing on how to shift it
> horizonally. Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> JT

This would translate to the following in the formula language.

Ref(Mov(C,15,E),+3)

Take a close look at your charts and you'll see that the moving average doesn't plot for the last
three bars. This is because the moving average is using data for three bars into the future. Do not
create a system test based on the code above. You may get nice signals based on historical data, but
they're impossible to trade. This is a dead end street - it doesn't lead to riches.

Kind regards

Roy Larsen
www.metastocktips.co.nz
Free formulas and MS links