Re: [Metastockusers] Re: NEW or REFRESH data

Hello Louis,

You are correct, if you are feeding eSignal data through Metastock,
updating will only begin when you open Metastock. Metastock cannot backfill
data.

So, this is what you need to do:

1) Download and install Hypertrader Online Downloader.

2) Open Metastock Pro but do not open any chart. The MS data server will
now be running.

3) Download, say, a month of data or what you will, for your chosen stocks
via HOD.

4) Metastock will now continue updating your data. You can now open any
chart(s) that you require.

5) Next day, open Metastock but do not open any charts.

6) Use HOD to update the data since yesterday.

7) Metastock will now continue updating your data until you close down MS
or your PC.

8) You will now have a continuous data series as long as you perform this
routine every day.

Does that help?

Regards,
Kevin