Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Bollinger Bandwidth

Thanks Roy,

I'll run it over my portfolio from now on and see what results follow.

Warm Regards,

Tony.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi Tony
>
> My mistake, first for not testing it as I should have, and second,
for setting the number of bars to
> 63 instead of 130 (3 months approximation instead of 6 months).
this appears to work OK. I can't
> think how I managed to turn 6 months into 3 months :-(
>
> Signal:=4*(Std(C,20))/Mov(C,20,S);
> Signal=LLV(Signal,130);
>
> Here's a test indicator you can create for checking the signal, the
lowest signal low for the past
> six months, and whether the signal is currently equal to that
lowest low (true or false). The
> look-back is not exact but you can fiddle the numbers to whatever
is most appropriate.

> {Test Indicator}
> Signal:=4*(Std(C,20))/Mov(C,20,S);
> Signal;
> LLV(Signal,130);
> Signal=LLV(Signal,130);
>
> My testing suggests you should get around a 2% hit rate. I got 6
current hits off the ASX S&P 300,

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM