From: Henry Z Kaczmarczyk [mailto:henry1224@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2004 2:45 PM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Input function

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Larry Carhartt" <lc@xxxx>
wrote:
> By the way, here is where I am going with this.  I have one
formula that
> pulls data (using an plug-in I wrote using the MetaStock MDK) from
an
> external database of statistics generated by another program.
Here's the
> formula:
>
> ExtFml( "MasterDATA_MSX.Composite", SMH, advances, D)
>
> This pulls daily advancing issues for the Semiconductor ETF (SMH)
from the
> database.  It gives the number of advancing issues in SMH similar
to the
> ones published for the NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ composites.
>
> If I can find something similar to "input" that works for strings,
I can
> eliminate a lot of Custom Indicators and just use one generic
indicator.

> Any ideas are appreciated.
>
> Best,
>
> Larry Carhartt
> Index & ETF Component Analysis
> www.MasterDATA.com
> lc@xxxx
> 818-701-6686

(close,maperiods,simple);

> Is there anything comparable for strings (i.e.. letters)?  In
other words,
> if I want my custom indicator to ask the user for a stock symbol
(or any
> other string), is there any way to accomplish that?  I looked
through the
> help files and learned a lot about the input function, but found
nothing
> similar for strings.
>
> Best,
>
> Larry Carhartt
> Index & ETF Component Analysis
> www.MasterDATA.com
> lc@xxxx
> 818-701-6686
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Here you go Larry, This is going to cost you!!!

A:=Input("1=NYSE,2=ASX,3=SPX,4=QQQ",1,5,1);
B:=If(A=1,ExtFml( "MasterDATA_MSX.Composite", NYSE, advances, D),If
(A=2,ExtFml( "MasterDATA_MSX.Composite", ASX, advances, D),If (A=3,ExtFml(
"MasterDATA_MSX.Composite", SPX, advances, D),If (A=4,ExtFml(
"MasterDATA_MSX.Composite", QQQ, advances, D),ExtFml (
"MasterDATA_MSX.Composite", SMH, advances, D)))));

B;

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM