RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock 7.2

By the way, I should add that if you plan to share your datafiles, Custom
Indicators, Experts, etc. with other MetaStock users, you should try to
always do your work in an earlier version of MetaStock (like 7.2).  The
reason is that MetaStock does an excellent & automatic upgrade from prior
versions of such files (i.e. From 7.2 to 9.0), but will not do a downgrade
(i.e. from 9.0 to 7.2).  Developers can put in a lot of work and then find
out their work is limited to MetaStock users with the developer's version of
MetaStock or higher.

My own Composite MetaStock Plug-in (ready for publication, but not on the
site yet) is written and tested in version 7.2 running on XP (with SP2) in
compatibility mode, then packaged and imported into another computer running
9.0 to verify some degree of compatibility.  Extra work, yes.  But the
potential user base is much larger as a result.

I have been able to boil down my method for retrieving composite data (i.e.
like advance/decline, advancing/declining volume info, etc., on various
indexes and ETFs) to one formula with three parameters (symbol, statistic
wanted, and data period).  Thanks to the MetaStock Developer's Kit and
MetaStock's upward compatibility.

Best,

Larry Carhartt
Index & ETF Component Data