Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Problem using barssince()

Thank you, Richard.  That returns the value I want.
I really appreciate your assistance.

Best Regards,
Robert

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Richard Dale" <richard@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dear Robert,
>
> The use of CUM(1) is quite helpful here:
>
> First we set our condition.  This says that can tell us if today is
the
> highest high:
> todayyearhigh := H > Ref(HHV(H,253),-1);
>
> Next we define daynum - this increments by 1 per bar on the chart.
> daynum := Cum(1);
>
> Now we combine the two and check the difference between the daynums
between
> different year highs:
> ValueWhen(1,todayyearhigh,daynum) - ValueWhen
(2,todayyearhigh,daynum);

> Have a play with the formula - it does reset itself.  eg.  On GE,
on both
> Thursday and Friday it has made two consecutive higher highs for
the last
> year.  Therefore the above formulae now shows it as "1" because
that's how
> it's defined.
>
> Best regards,
> Richard Dale.
> Norgate Investor Services
> - Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
>   markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, UK & USA -
> www.premiumdata.net <http://www.premiumdata.net/>
>

>   _____

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1297qshl7/M=295196.4901138.6071305.300117
6/D=gr

oups/S=1705375617:HM/EXP=1099793777/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http:
//comp
> anion.yahoo.com> click here
>
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=
> :HM/A=2128215/rand=751164507>
>
>   _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> *	To visit your group on the web, go to:
>

> *	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
subject=Unsubscribe>

> *	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM