  From: g_dares
  To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: 05 November, 2004 11:59 PM
  Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] EXCEL
CONVERT/METASTOCK CHART DISPLAY
PROBLEM

  I wish to display a high, low, close, volume  stock
price chart using
  Excel data. When I  convert an Excel file to a
Metastock stock chart
  not all of the chart is displayed. The portion of
the chart
  corresponding to several months data is missing.  I
would appreciate
  assistance in identifying the problem.  The details
of what I am
  doing is as follows:

  I have an Excel file with the following column
headings:  DATE,
  HIGH,LOW, CLOSE, VOLUME

  The file contains dates ranging from 2/4/1966 to
12/16/1968.  The
  file was saved using Microsoft Excel in the format
97-2000 & 5.0
  Workbook *.xls.

  To convert the data to a Metastock chart I used
Metastock
  Professional 9.0.  Using the downloader I went to
tools, convert and
  entered File type Excel.  Under options/Source I put
the First date
  as 2/4/1966 and the Last date as 12/16/1968.  The
periodicity was set
  at Daily.  In the Destination tab  I ticked "Replace
existing file"
  and "Create new files".  Upon completion I got the
message that the
  Data was Converted and Stored.  All 697 entries were
added and none
  were discarded.

  However, when I opened the converted file with
Metastock the chart
  was displayed from the date 11/15/1966 to 12/16/1968
instead of from
  2/4/1966 to 12/16/1968.

  It appears as though the program will only display a
certain maximum
  number of entries.  Could somebody please let me
know what I am doing
  wrong.

  Gilbert

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.