RE: [Metastockusers] Reuter's Dtalink.

I use Reuters datalink and don't have the problem you mentioned. The
Downloader, as you probably know, divides all volume data so its easy to
store - for stocks, the divisor is 100 - so that the data files don't get
too big. You multiply the raw volume figure by this figure [100] to get the
actual volume; by raw volume figure, I mean the volume figure you get either
by placing your cursor over the volume bar or over the price bar, and its
the same as stored in the symbol's file.

When the volume is diplayed in a chart, however, there is a little symbol
displayed [x10 for most stocks] adjacaent to the scale that indicates what
you need to multiply the scale by to get the correct volume;  for most
stocks its x10 but for heavily traded ones like QQQ, its x100. So if you
always refer to the visual volume bar displayed on a chart and don't refer
to the raw volume figure, that's the multiplier you will have to use. A
little confusing, but you get used to it very quickly.

BTW, these rules are uniform across all data vendors and are not unique to
Reuters Datalink.

Anyway, you seem to have some corrupt data. The solution is quite simple -
just delete all data for all symbols that you have a problem with and all
data will be downloaded afresh the next time you download.

To delete, do as follows: In Downloader, go to Tools/Delete/Data...(navigate
to the folder where your symbols are)...highlight as many symbols as you
want (Ctrl-A for all symbols), then click on delete which brings up a new
window...since you want to delete all data, you could put in a date in the
future (e.g. 12/31/04), then choose Before Date...and you will be done. Then
just go ahead and download all data afresh.

Hope this helps.

JD