[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Alert Function

Yes, Roy had the point.
Maybe you can try this.
Remember change to 2 different colours.

A:=C;
B:=Mov(C,30,S);
En:=If(A>B,1,0);
Y:=BarsSince(En<1);
Z:=BarsSince(En>0)*-1;
pos:=Input("Display  0=2 colour for Histogram  1=Price Cross",0,1,0);
If(pos=0,If(En>0,y,0),ValueWhen(1,Y,C));
If(pos=0,If(En<1,z,0),ValueWhen(1,Z,C));

Happy trading

Mark
http:\\tc.projectsenso.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi dodgereated
>
> > Using the Alert function, how can I tell at what point say
during a
> > 30 day period that the occurence that I am actually looking to
> > happen, happened?
>
> BarsSince() will tell you how many days have elapsed since the
signal triggering the alert was last
> true. What it will not tell you accurately is how long since it
has been the first trigger signal in
> the most recent 30 days. The Alert() function retriggers with each
new signal, so it's unreliable
> when used to count off a specific number of days. Without knowing
the detail of what you're trying
> to achieve it's not possible to give code to match your exact
scenario.

> The October issue of MetaStock Tips & Tricks has an article on the
Alert() function. You won't find

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM